Ok, so I've been sent these questions by the lovely Jo Zebedee as part of a blog tour. It's my turn to answer them today and I'll be passing them over to Brynn Stein at Stein's Station and she'll be answering them on the 14th.
1. What is the name of your character? Is he/she fictional or a historic person?
The main character is a man called Daniel Hopson. He's a product of my imagination and not historic at all.
2. When and where is the story set?
The story is set in 2013/4 and the action takes place in the south west of England. Weybury is a fictional town, based on my own home town. Lyme Regis is a very real, and lovely, seaside town about twenty minutes from where I live. Bristol is a city about an hour away – my cousin lives there. And Bell Tor is based on Bellever - a ridiculously beautiful part of Dartmoor.
3. What should we know about him/her?
Daniel can communicate telepathically with his dog, Sasha.
4. What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life?
A fake medium called Rowan shows up and Daniel falls for him. Rowan conned money out of some very shady characters and now they want him to pay them back - which he can't do, because he's spent it all.
5. What is the personal goal of the character?
Daniel's a good guy, he wants to help Rowan. I guess he wants to be a hero. He also wants to get laid.
6. Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it?
The title is Shuttered.
7. When can we expect the book to be published?
Shuttered will be published by Dreamspinner Press in December 2014.